What is Leadership?
Participants will take individual “Strength Based Leadership” assessment and bring a copy of the print-out to the first class. This will help identify strengths and personality style for journal work.
Day One Course Objectives:
- Understand what got you here and map your leadership journey
- Identify the qualities of an effective leader and begin to journal
- Build on your leadership strengths and develop new strengths
- Recognize your personality style, note differences in others’, and flex to accommodate those differences
- Develop individual motivational approaches for peak performance
Creating Communication Effectiveness
This topic continues to build on leadership skill assessment and development of trust.
Day Two Course Objectives:
- Understand major factors of motivation
- Identify factors that increase group commitment and accountability
- Expand communication skills to increase productivity
- Match your leadership style to employees’ motivational preferences
- Take actions to foster trust
This topic provides an introduction to the TKI conflict instrument and methods to strengthen conflict-resolution skills.
Day Three Course Objectives:
- Better understand yourself through the TKI conflict instrument
- Find the best conflict resolution approach to resolve differences
- Learn confrontation skills that work when dealing with unacceptable behaviors
- Apply a conflict management process to difficult employee situations
- Appreciate the value of resolution in work-related conflicts