Participants begin the book “Crucial Conversations” and take the Chapter Four assessment. They will be prepared to start sharing highlights of the book and discuss interim assignments. Additionally, participants will provide several journal examples of how they demonstrated Day One concepts and behaviors at home and work.
Day One Course Objectives:
- Make the mental shift from individual contributor to leader of people
- Provide clear goals and objectives so employees know what’s expected
- Develop valid measurements that impact performance results
- Help employees create individualized performance goals
- Provide clear direction so that employees know what is expected of them
Collaborating / Negotiating
Class participants begin to understand their personal influence style and how to more effectively negotiate with others. They will use practical tools to improve relational connections.
Day Two Course Objectives:
- Understand your personal influence style and how it impacts others
- Practice using assertive tools for maximum results
- Learn the various negotiating styles
- Gain useful information about the range of settlement options
- Develop techniques for connecting with people more quickly
Leading with Emotional Intelligence
Participants discover ways to develop their emotional intelligence and tap into techniques that foster self-growth and stronger relationships.
Day Three Course Objectives:
- Develop a higher level of emotional intelligence
- Describe the importance of emotional intelligence for building strong relationships
- Understand how emotional intelligence can be applied in the workplace
- Identify negative consequences of unmanaged emotions
- Practice techniques to achieve greater self-awareness, self-control and self-motivation